- Epidermoid cysts represent the most typical cutaneous cysts. While they might occur anywhere around the body, normally around the face, top of the head and neck.
- Until recently, epidermoid cysts were actually known by means of various words, including follicular infundibular cysts, skin cysts, and skin introduction cysts.
- The definition of skin introduction cyst makes reference specially for an epidermoid cyst be the lead to of the actual implantation associated with skin factors in the skin.
- The term milia is the term for small, shallow epidermoid cysts.
- Epidermoid cysts usually are asymptomatic.
- Less commonly, the cysts can be inflamed or infected, resulting with pain and tenderness.
- Asymptomatic epidermoid cysts don't have to be treated.
Copyright © 1997-2024 EyePlastics.com. All rights reserved.